The journey can be tough
We can’t promise you it will be easy. The training is rigorous and demanding, with some tough exams and steep learning curves.
For trainee trade mark attorneys, our first priority is to mentor you through the Law Course at Queen Mary College, London. Our people have an exemplary record of passing this course as well as the Practice Course. Our in-house training is delivered predominantly on a one-to-one basis with the team in a challenging yet supportive environment.
Personal skills are very important, particularly as the team works very closely together; the group dynamic is a key factor in selection. Before you can stand out, you have to fit in and we need individuals that we and our clients like working with and who are a positive addition to the team.
Who should apply?
We usually take on one new entrant to the Trade Marks profession each year
What you need to have
- Strong A Levels, usually 3 at grade A or equivalent
- Minimum 2.1 degree in a discipline such as law, history or languages (obtained or expected)
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to analyse and conceptualise complex matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Sense of commerciality: an innate interest in the world of business as well as the Trade Mark profession
- A passion and aptitude for problem solving
- Keen eye for detail
What we will give you
- A supportive and sociable team-based working environment
- Exceptional training through to qualification and beyond
- A wide variety of work for a broad range of clients
- Excellent remuneration and benefits package
- A range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm
- Central London location