We are pleased to announce that Carpmaels & Ransford has signed the Race at Work Charter which provides a framework for supporting Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) employees in the workplace through the areas of leadership, progression and recruitment.
The Charter, created by Business in the Community, provides five calls to action which Carpmaels & Ransford will implement as part of a wider plan to continue to support equality in the workplace and the inclusive culture of the firm. These five calls to action include:
- Appointing an Executive Sponsor at the firm for race.
- Capturing ethnicity data and publicising progress.
- Ensuring zero tolerance of harassment and bullying.
- Making clear that equality in the workplace is the responsibility of all leaders and managers.
- Taking action that supports ethnic minority career progression.
Camilla Balleny, Head of Carpmaels & Ransford’s Diversity and Inclusion Task Group, comments:
“We look forward to implementing the practical steps set out by the Charter to ensure our firm is a safe and inclusive workplace for everyone. This is a great step forward for the firm as we focus on building on the education and awareness generated through Black History Month.”
Carpmaels & Ransford hosted a series of thought-provoking events during October aimed at examining biases and building greater awareness of Black British history and culture.