Rachel handles a variety of electronic and mechanical subject-matter, including medical devices, telecommunications, video broadcasting, 3D imaging, and semiconductor related technologies. In addition to her experience in Europe, she is a qualified Chinese Patent Attorney and has valuable, “on the ground” work experience with clients in China relating to their international IP portfolios.
Rachel joined Carpmaels & Ransford in 2007 as a Trainee Patent Attorney. She has a MEng in Communications and Information Systems, and a PhD in Signal and Image Processing from the University of Bath. Rachel received two scholarships for her PhD research, which focused on image and video coding.
Rachel likes travelling and is a keen cook. She now devotes most of her spare time to her young children.
Rachel speaks native Mandarin.
- MEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Dalian Maritime University)
- PhD Electrical & Electronic Engineering (University of Bath)
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Chinese Patent Attorney Qualification
- CertIP Certificate in Intellectual Property Law