Sarah works within the firm’s Dispute Resolution team and advises on a range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters, with a primary focus on patent litigation. In addition to patent litigation, Sarah’s cases have covered trade marks, trade secrets, design rights and licensing issues. Her cases often incorporate a cross-border element, and she has coordinated multi-jurisdictional patent litigation and advice projects for several clients.
Sarah has advised clients from a variety of industries, including the life sciences, medical devices, engineering and telecommunications industries, and her cases have related to antibiotics, medical devices (including surgical dressings, colonoscopes, orthodontics and automatic injectors), chemical plants, military vehicles, ship engines, and telecoms.
Key representative experience includes acting for a pharmaceutical company in relation to pan-EU litigation involving a blockbuster product, acting in patent proceedings relating to orthodontic devices, acting in a trade mark licensing dispute, acting in patent litigation regarding dosage regimens and manufacture of antibiotics, advising a military engineering company regarding potential patent infringement issues relating to combat engineering vehicle transmissions, acting for a mobile phone handset manufacturer in relation to patent litigation against a non-practising entity and in pan-EU patent litigation against a multinational communications company, advising a medical device company in relation to licensing and infringement issues, and acting in a breach of confidence action for an engineering company, including obtaining and executing a search order.
Sarah joined the firm in June 2015 as a Senior Associate, before which she worked for 10 years at a leading London law firm. Prior to her legal training, Sarah studied chemistry at the University of Oxford, completing a Masters thesis in bioinorganic chemistry.
- MChem (University of Oxford)
- PgDipLaw (IP) (University of Oxford)
- Cantel Medical (UK) Ltd v Arc Medical Design  EWHC 345 (Pat) (patent revocation and patent and design rights infringement relating to a medical device for use in bowel cancer screening)
- Holland and Barrett International Ltd & Anr v General Nutrition Investment Company  EWCA Civ 158, and General Nutrition Investment Company v (1) Holland and Barrett International Ltd & Anr  EWHC 746 (Ch) (trade mark licensing)
- Hospira UK Ltd v Cubist Pharmaceuticals LLC  EWHC 1285 (Pat) and  EWCA Civ 12 (patent revocation action relating to antibiotic)
- ALK-Abello Limited v Meridian Medical Technologies  EWPCC 14