For trainee patent attorneys, our first priority is to mentor you through the certificate in Intellectual Property Law at Queen Mary College, London. Our people have an exemplary record of passing this exam as well as the UK and European qualifying examinations and more often than not come top of the class!
Our training programme is extremely highly rated, rewarding and enjoyable, and our trainees thrive in the challenging yet supportive environment.
Personal skills are very important, particularly as the trainees will spend a lot of time together early on and the group dynamic is a key factor in selection. Before you can stand out, you have to fit in and we need individuals that we and our clients like working with and who are a positive addition to the team.
What you need to have
- Strong A Levels, usually 3 at grade A or equivalent
- Minimum 2.1 STEM degree (obtained or expected)
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to analyse and conceptualise complex matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Sense of commerciality: an innate interest in the world of business as well as the IP profession
- A passion and aptitude for problem solving
- Keen eye for detail
What we will give you
- A supportive and sociable team-based working environment
- Exceptional training for UK and EQE qualifications and beyond
- A wide variety of work for a broad range of clients
- Excellent remuneration and benefits package
- A range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm
- Central London location