Our internship programme
Carpmaels & Ransford is delighted to offer a two-week summer intern programme
Internships and other insights into the patent profession are notoriously difficult to obtain and therefore this is a rare opportunity to experience first-hand working within one of Europe’s leading firms of patent attorneys.
Our programme takes place at our offices in central London. The two-week programme is designed to accelerate the participants’ understanding of the profession and give an insight into working life at the firm.
Our structured programme includes seminars, case studies, work shadowing and involvement in client meetings and active cases. There is also the opportunity to see the social side of the firm, engaging with all members of the team from partners to trainees.
Interns are paid for the duration and receive a contribution towards travel expenses; interns are responsible for their own accommodation.
Who should apply?
We typically employ up to sixteen internships each year in our Chemistry, Engineering & Tech and Life Sciences practices groups
What you need to have
- Strong A Levels, usually 3 at grade A or equivalent
- Minimum 2.1 STEM degree (obtained or expected)
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to analyse and conceptualise complex matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A keen interest in learning more about the profession
- A passion and aptitude for problem solving
- Keen eye for detail
What we will give you
- A supportive and sociable team-based working environment
- A great opportunity to get an insight into the patent profession and the firm
- Exposure to IP Law
- Introductory training to the profession
- Paid internship with contribution towards travel expenses
- Central London location
Applicants must be available for the duration of the internship.
Priority will be given to applicants who are expecting to complete their academic studies or research within the academic year following the intern programme.
How to apply
The intern programme is a rare opportunity to experience first-hand working within one of Europe’s leading firms of patent attorneys.
Our 2 week intern programme will take place from 24th June 2019. Applications are no longer being accepted for this event.
An online application form for our 2020 programme will be available from January 2020.