Camilla is a partner in the Dispute Resolution team and focuses on multi-jurisdictional patent litigation and advisory work. Camilla works on matters across all technical areas but has particular and recognised experience on matters relating to life sciences. With a degree in genetics and having spent time in-house, Camilla has a strong understanding of both the technical and commercial world in which her clients operate.
In addition to her expertise in patent litigation, Camilla has a strong understanding of the overlapping protections of patents and regulatory exclusivities and also supplementary protection certificates (SPCs).
Camilla is “an experienced IP litigator with excellent judgement and a wonderful client manner” (Legal 500, 2017) and is often asked to advise on litigation planning, and has a wide range of clients for whom she regularly consults on matters relating to UK litigation and also pan-EU strategy. Camilla has also represented clients in the UK High Court, Court of Appeal and at the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- BSc (Hons) Genetics (Newcastle University)
- Accord Healthcare Limited v Celgene Corporation (Patent revocation action – UK High Court – confidential settlement)
- Eli Lilly & Company v Janssen Biotech, Inc (Patent revocation action – UK High Court – confidential settlement)
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals LLC v Hospira UK Limited (Patent revocation action – UK High Court and Court of Appeal)
- Actavis Group PTC EHF, Actavis UK Ltd v Sanofi – C443-12 (SPCs – CJEU)