Camilla is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team. She has focussed on multi-jurisdictional patent litigation and advisory work for all of her career. Camilla now works exclusively on matters relating to the life sciences industry and is recognised for her expertise in this arena. She has a degree in genetics and having spent time in-house at a large biotech company, Camilla has a developed a very strong understanding of both the technical and commercial world in which her clients operate.
As one of the firm’s founding litigation partners and with nearly 20 years of experience, Camilla provides “outstanding litigation advice” (Managing IP 2018). She is known for being ‘a superb life sciences litigator’ who “combines real technical understanding with excellent people qualities that make her an excellent person to get the best out of her team.’ (Legal 500 2019). During the near 5 years that she has now worked at Carpmaels & Ransford, alongside the note expertise of our patent attorney team, Camilla is often asked to advise on litigation planning and has a wide range of clients for whom she regularly consults on matters relating to UK litigation and associated advice. She has also developed particular expertise for the strategic management of patent litigation which spans multiple jurisdictions and covers multiple patents.
In addition to her expertise in patent litigation, Camilla has a strong understanding of the overlapping protections of patents and regulatory exclusivities and also supplementary protection certificates (SPCs).
Her work is most recently exemplified by Camilla’s representation of clients in the UK High Court, Court of Appeal and at the Court of Justice of the European Union. Recently examples of cases include Cubist-v-Hospira  EWCA Civ 12, Actavis-v-Sanofi  R.P.C. 20 but her career started with her involved in cases such as Taylor-v-Ishida  EWCA Civ 1092 and Haberman-v-Jackel  1 WLUK 492.
- BSc (Hons) Genetics (Newcastle University)
- Diploma in IP Law & Practice (University of Bristol)
- Accord Healthcare Limited v Celgene Corporation (Patent revocation action – UK High Court – confidential settlement)
- Eli Lilly & Company v Janssen Biotech, Inc (Patent revocation action – UK High Court – confidential settlement)
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals LLC v Hospira UK Limited (Patent revocation action – UK High Court and Court of Appeal)
- Actavis Group PTC EHF, Actavis UK Ltd v Sanofi – C443-12 (SPCs – CJEU)