Chris is a partner in the Pharmaceuticals team at Carpmaels & Ransford. He handles cases relating to new chemical entities, combinations, formulations, polymorphs, dosage regimens and clinical trial inventions for innovator clients such as Gilead and Novartis. Chris is experienced as lead counsel in multiparty EPO opposition and appeal proceedings and has successfully represented clients on a number of commercially important patents protecting blockbuster products. His work often involves supporting parallel litigation, both in an advisory capacity and in tailoring EPO strategies to align with his clients’ commercial objectives in the courts. In addition to his largely contentious work with big pharma, he supports clinical stage pharmaceutical companies such as KalVista Pharmaceuticals. He is also a registered UPC representative.
Chris is recommended by IAM Patent 1000 and is recognised as a “key lawyer” in Legal 500.
- MChem (Hons) (University of Durham)
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- European Patent Litigator
- Lead counsel for Novartis on several oncology and diabetes products, including Exjade®, Tafinlar® + Mekinist®, Tasigna®, Revolade® and Galvus®/Eucreas®.
- Lead counsel for Gilead on several products, including Descovy® and the world’s top selling HIV medicine, Biktarvy®.
- Co-lead counsel for Takeda on their Velcade® patent portfolio.